Keeping your Invisalign clear custom aligners in tip top condition is easy. Here's a little about how to keep your aligners clean, and clear throughout your Invisalign orthodontic treatment.
Two key advantages of Invisalign orthodontic treatment are that the clear custom aligners are both invisible and removable!
Keeping your aligners clean, clear, and in great condition is easy, just be sure to follow these easy steps.
Store your aligners in their case whenever you remove them, to avoid accidentally damaging them.
Always brush and floss your teeth before returning your aligners to your mouth, and rinse your aligners under warm water or gently clean them with mild soap a soft toothbrush.
To help keep your aligners odour-free, hygienic and clear you can use the Invisalign® cleaning system daily. In just 15 minutes the special Invisalign cleaning crystals can help to remove plaque from your aligners.
Instructions for using the Invisalign cleaning system:
- Remove and rinse your aligners.
- Place the aligners into the cleaning container and fill with warm water.
- Add one packet of the Invisalign cleaning crystals then gently shake for 20 seconds.
- Soak your aligners in the solution for 15 minutes.
- After soaking, gently shake once more.
- Remove aligners from the solution, rinse well in warm water (not hot) and return them to your mouth.
Never use hot water on your aligners! Heat can cause the thin clear plastic to warp. Be sure to take a few seconds to rinse out your aligner holder too.