For most of our patients, local anesthetic is sufficient to prevent pain during dental treatments. However, sedation may also be appropriate for some patients. So, when is dental sedation beneficial?
It's important to us to provide our patients with a relaxed and comfortable dental experience whenever they visit us, and regardless of why they are coming to see us.
When treatment is required, many of our patients find that local anesthetic is sufficient to prevent pain. However, other patients require additional sedation to help them feel calm and relaxed about dental procedures.
Our team of dental professionals understands that each patient's sedation and general anesthesia requirements are unique. That's why we determine each patients' needs on an individual basis.
Our dentists may suggest dental sedation in the following cases:
- Patients with special healthcare requirements;
- Patients who are medically compromised;
- Patients suffering from dental phobias;
- Patients with high anxiety or fear;
- Patients with low pain tolerance;
- Patients who find that local anesthetic is not effective in pain control;
- Patients with allergies to local aesthetic;
- Patients with exaggerated gag reflexes;
- Patients who require long, complex, or particularly invasive dental procedures;
- Patients who have difficulty holding their mouth open for sustained periods of time;
- Patients with special needs due to mental or physical disabilities;
- Patients who have difficulties staying still during dental treatment.
There's no need to skip essential oral health treatment due to anxiety or discomfort! Our Surrey dentists can help to calm your anxiety so that you can receive the dental treatment you need, in a relaxed and comfortable manner.